How to decide if the au pair programme suits you
10 important questions to ask yourself when deciding for the au pair programme
Besides the practical considerations around your options within the au pair programme, there are some basic questions you need to ask yourself to help make a decision in going abroad and taking part in an au pair programme:
- Do you like working with children?
- Do you have first-hand experiences with children?
- Are you aware that taking care of children can be stressful and needs a lot of patience and commitment?
- Will you be prepared to help the family with their daily household routine?
- Are you flexible?
- Do you have at least a basic knowledge of the language of your future host country?
- Are you able to adapt and integrate into a new life and become part of your host family?
- Are you willing to follow the rules and the life style of your host family?
- Do you want to learn the language and find out more about the culture of your host country?
- Are you communicative?
If you are able to answer these questions with YES you are ready to apply as an au pair!