Why find a placement through an au pair agency
IAPA is against any direct match between au pair and host family and we strongly recommend to always use a legally registered au pair agency in your home country.
Newspaper and online advertisements or one of the many web-based matching services may appear to be acceptable and inexpensive alternatives for securing an au pair placement.
There are, however, potential risks in arranging a placement in this manner.
10 reasons to use a legally registered au pair agency
Below are 10 reasons on why you should find a placement through a registered IAPA member agency:
- Au pairs as well as host families are thoroughly screened
- You will receive written contracts with clear definitions of the conditions of the au pair placement
- They have the experience in the au pair industry; IAPA members have to be in business for at least two years to apply for full membership
- Members need to provide proof of financial stability and commit to IAPA standards of professionalism
- Standards or guidelines: IAPA members not only have to follow the rules and regulations in their country, but also those set by IAPA
- Our members will verify references, police checks and/or medical certification
- Verification of documents and interviews. Our member agencies will make sure they deal with real people
- A rematch policy (secondary placement) will be in place in case the initial placement is unsuccessful
- You will receive local support during your au pair placement
- Our members have understanding of national au pair regulations.
We have collected five of the most obvious reasons to use on of our members’ services in a short video.
If you are an IAPA member and want to use this video on your website, send us an e-mail and we will provide you with the required information.