Au Pair of the Year Award
As the global organisation designated to support businesses and people involved in the au pair industry, we proudly present our annual IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award.
Our Award provides au pairs the recognition and credit they deserve and at the same time enhances the public’s awareness of this cultural exchange programme and the mutual benefit au pairs and families get from it.
Additionally the Au Pair of the Year Award is a great opportunity to showcase au pair organisations and promote the quality of their au pair programmes all over the world.
We call on our members to request their host families to nominate their extraordinary, exceptional au pair who deserves to win this Award!The IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award is usually handed out at our annual Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC).
The next Au Pair of the Year Award will be handed out in 2021 during WETM-IAC in Malta – if the COVID19 pandemic situationbe allows for it, of course. In any case we will arrange for a nice evnt for our award winner. Last year our Managing Director travelled to the winner Wandi Zhu and her host family to hand over the award personally and IAPA supported her to be able to fly back home to China. Watch our little film about Wandi here
We would also like to see the Au Pair of the Year as an ambassador for the au pair programme especially on 24 November 2021 when we celebrate International Au Pair Day for the 3rd time in history. We therefore expect some support from the winner for this special day on which we celebrate all au pairs.
Please read the following terms and conditions before registering your applicants:
- In order to participate both the sending and receiving agencies should be IAPA members.
- Only the receiving agency can nominate a candidate in order to avoid double entries.
- The au pair being nominated for the award is/was an au pair in the period 2020-2021 for a period of at least 4 months
- Entries are to be submitted no later than 18 February 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Only fully completed online submissions will be accepted.
- Please note that we can only accept a maximum of three applications per organisation
- We expect the Au Pair of the Year to act as an “ambassador of the au pair programme” throughout the year and especially support International Au Pair Day on 24 November
How it works
- Invite your host families to submit an essay to your organisation describing why their au pair is extraordinary and deserves to win the IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award!
- Once you have received the essay, submit the full application through our online application form
- All completed submissions received by the deadline will be anonymously reviewed by a jury, who will select three finalists.
- The finalists will be requested to send in an essay and a short video (2 minutes max) describing their au pair experience, the impact it has on them which will then be reviewed to ultimately select the winner.
- The winning au pair is required to attend the award ceremony (expenses paid by IAPA) during WETM-IAC 2021, taking place in Malta in May. Note: If travelling will not be possible the Award will be handed over differently and the au pair will be requested to attend and speak at a virtual award ceremony
- The 3 inalists will be notified by beginning of March, the winning au pair will be notified by IAPA by mid/end of March.
- Please note that since we do not announce the finalists before April and the winner only during the award ceremony in May we will not be able to inform everyone else before the three finalists are selected.
- The nomination consists of an essay written by the host family, describing the characteristics that make their au pair exceptional. The essay should be between 500-800 words (approximately 1 page). The essay should only describe the experience, without referring to the name of either sending/receiving agency. (Please take any references to agencies, including branding or logos, out of the essay- it helps us save a lot of time when preparing the essays for a fair review by the jury
- The family is requested to submit several pictures to support their nomination.
- Additional details are provided through the online submission form and are not a part of the review process.
- We are looking for compelling reasons why the host family believes their au pair is exceptional.
- To ensure fairness and objectivity by the selection panel, the names of the sending/receiving organisation/s will not appear on contest entries that they review.
All contest entries (inlcluding photos and videos) will become property of the International Au Pair Association, including rights to edit and publish the material. Please make sure your host families and au pairs are aware of this and agree by signing this Consent form
For any further questions please contact us >>
The previous winners of the IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award >>
Click on the photos of the winners to find more about them