IAPA AU PAIR OF THE YEAR AWARD
As the only global organisation designated to support businesses and people involved in the au pair industry, we proudly present our annual IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award.
Our Award provides au pairs the recognition and credit they deserve and at the same time enhances the public’s awareness of this cultural exchange programme and the mutual benefit au pairs and families get from it.
Additionally the Au Pair of the Year Award is a great opportunity to showcase your organisation and promote the quality of your au pair programme all over the world.
We call on our members to request their host families to nominate their extraordinary, exceptional au pair who deserves to win this Award.
The IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award is handed out at our annual Work Experience Travel Market and IAPA Annual Conference (WETM-IAC).
The next Au Pair of the Year Award will be handed out in 2019 during WETM-IAC in Luxembourg. Nomination will open in November 2018
Please read the following terms on conditions before registering your applicants:
- In order to participate both the sending and receiving agencies should be IAPA members.
- Only the receiving agency can nominate a candidate in order to avoid double entries.
- The au pair being nominated for the award is/was an au pair in the period 2018-2019 for a period of at least 4 months
- Entries are to be submitted no later than 19 January 2019, 23:59 CET.
- Only fully completed online submissions will be accepted.
- Please note that we can only accept a maximum of three applications per organisation
- Invite your host families to submit an essay to your organisation describing why their au pair is extraordinary and deserves to win the IAPA Au Pair of the Year Award!
- Once you have received the essay, submit the full application through our online nomination form.
- All completed submissions received by the deadline will be anonymously reviewed by a jury, who will select three finalists.
- The finalists will be requested to send in an essay describing their experience, which will then be reviewed to ultimately select the winner.
- The winning au pair is required to attend the award ceremony (expenses paid by IAPA) during WETM-IAC 2019, taking place from 16-18 March 2019 in Luxembourg
- The nomination consist of an essay written by the host family, describing the characteristics that make their au pair exceptional. The essay should be between 500-800 words (approximately 1 page). The essay should only describe the experience, without referring to the name of either sending/receiving agency.(Please take any references to agencies, including branding or logos, out of the essay- it helps us save a lot of time when preparing the essays for a fair review)
- The family is requested to submit pictures or a video to support their nomination.
- Additional details are provided through the online submission form and are not a part of the review process.
- We are looking for compelling reasons why the host family believes their au pair is exceptional.
- To ensure fairness and objectivity by the selection panel, the names of the au pair and the sending/receiving organisation/s will not appear on contest entries.
- All contest entries will become property of the International Au Pair Association, including rights to edit and publish the material. Please make sure your host families and au pairs are aware of this and agree to it.
- The winning au pair will be notified by IAPA by mid/end of February.
- Please note that sincere do not announce winner before the ceremony we will not be able to inform everyone else before the three finalists are selected.